No Javascript for OpenOffice macro

I updated my work system to the Karmic Koala version of Ubuntu and had to reinstall a couple of things (everything actually as the ugrade script did not run that well and that I had to format everything but that was a nice occasion to clean up some mess).

Anyway, when I opened my OpenOffice and wanted to fire my Javascript macros I had written a while ago, they had vanished! More: It was not even possible to create a Javascript macro ; the option was greyed out.

Simply, an

sudo apt-get install openoffice.org-java-common

did the trick.

NB: You might also check that a JRE is properly set up in Open Office (Tools > Options > Java)

  1. No comments yet.

  1. No trackbacks yet.